MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY ABOUT DEPARTMENT
Course : MPT (Master of Physiotherapy)
Course Duration : 2 Years
Affiliation : RK University
Approved by : All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
Intake : As per availability of Guide
The institute strives to achieve global identity through its innovative methods and strenuous efforts for the betterment of the health and community and to face the fast changing world of health care system. We envision creating global leaders who inspire a vision and imagination to set positive paradigms of action and who have the will and the strength to make a small difference to larger cause of humanity for Quality of Care and Quality of Life of every individual
The master program in Physiotherapy offers a wide range of specializations to the students, enabling them to practice in their chosen area, engage in research and demonstrate efficiency in clinical and classroom teaching and training. Students joining the master?s program at RKU have the opportunity to use advanced, updated and evidence based physiotherapy evaluation, clinical reasoning, diagnosis and treatment techniques. To evolve the clinical reasoning and professional expertise in field of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Science, School of Physiotherapy, RK University has lunched Master’s degree program in physiotherapy (MPT) from June, 2012, in following specialized fields…
- School of Physiotherapy was earlier well-known as RK College of Physiotherapy established in 2005-06.
- 1st in Gujarat and 6th among Indian university started Doctoral level program (PhD) in Physiotherapy.
- Immense exposure of ICU, inpatients and outpatients departments serving rural and urban patients population.
- School of Physiotherapy owned the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Research Centers in Rajkot.
- Students and faculty have constructed Rajkot Knee Club, Parkinson’s Disease Support Group and publishing physiotherapy News Letter i.e Physioforum around the year.
- Well-developed laboratories and established research centers to facilitate learning and developing research interest among students.
- Well-develop computerized library with more than 3000 books and e-recourses, journals and database for students.
MPT – Fee: Rs. 75,000/- Per semester
For Admission Confirmation pay Rs. 20.000/- with MPT Admission Application
The Masters Degree in Physiotherapy is a full time four semester program consisting of classroom teaching, academic activities, microteaching, clinical training and research projects. The program has modern educational approach with globally designed Semester Based Credit System (SBCS) which distributes all four semester with basic science in 1st semester, advance science in 2nd semester, elective in 3rd semester followed by research project / dissertation work in 4th semester, respectively. 4th semester is specially designed for post graduate students to conduct research project / dissertation on their selected areas of research interest and prospective place under guidance of PG Guide The students are rotated in all areas of clinical expertise including health and wellness during their clinical training.
The curricular activities included special guest lectures, seminars, journal or article reviews, case presentations, and panel or group discussion besides classroom teaching. PG Students are privileged to avail special clinical training on their areas of interest at reputed centers in the country in order to offer a wider spectrum of experience. The students are encouraged to attend conference, workshop, and seminars to enhance their knowledge during the course of study. University examinations are held at the end of every semester. The method of practical / clinical examination is based on the most revised format of Objective Structured / Clinical Examination (OSPE / OSCE).
- Master of Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal and Sports Science (MPT-MSS)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Neuromuscular Science (MPT NMS)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Cardiovascular and pulmonary Science (MPT-CVPS)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Preventive and Community Health Physiotherapy (MPT-PCHP)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Paediatric Science (MPT-PS)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Women’s Health (MPT-WH)
- Masters of Physiotherapy in Electrodiagnostic- Study
- Preparation of a postgraduate student towards his/her professional autonomy with self regulating discipline at par with global standards.
- Formation of base of the professional practice by referral as well as first contact mode using evidence based practice.
- Importation of research basis in order to validate techniques & technology in practice to physiotherapy.
- Acquainting a student with concept of quality care at the institutional as well as the community levels.
- Inculcation of appropriate professional relationship in multidisciplinary set up, patient management and co-partnership basis.
- Preparation of students to address problems related to health education and community physiotherapy.
- Practicing the concept of protection of rights of the community during referral as well as first contact practice.
- Incorporation of concept of management in physiotherapy.
- Experience in clinical training and undergraduate teaching partly.
- Providing the honest, competent and accountable physiotherapy services to the community.
Candidates admitted into the Master in Physiotherapy course should have passed the BPT degree examination of this university or an examination of any other university accepted by the authority of this university as equivalent thereto.
No candidate shall be admitted for the postgraduate degree course unless the candidate has obtained and produced the eligibility certificate issued by RK University, Gujarat. The candidate has to make the application to the university with the following documents along with the prescribed fee
- B.P.T. or B.Sc. (PT) provisional / degree certificate issued by the respective university.
- Marks cards of all the university examinations passed.
- Completion of internship certificate.
- Proof of SC/ST or category-I as the case may be.
Candidate should obtain the eligibility certificate before the last date for admission as notified by the university. A candidate who has been admitted to postgraduate course should register his/her name in the university within a month of admission after paying the registration fee.
The intake of students to the course shall be in accordance with the ordinance in this behalf. The guide student ratio should be 1:3
The duration of master of physiotherapy course shall be extended over a period of two years (four semesters) on a full time basis. Any break in the career, power of extension of the course and the fixation of the term shall be vested with the University.
- Semester I 18 weeks
- Semester II 18 weeks
- Semester III 18 weeks
- Semester IV 18 weeks
English will be the medium of instruction for the subjects of study and for the examination of the MPT course.
- Each semester is considered as a unit and the candidate has to put in a minimum attendance of 85% in each subject with a provision of condonation of 10% of the attendance by the Director for reasons such as medical emergencies, participation in sports, cultural activities, seminars, workshops and paper presentation, etc., at the level of University, State, Nation, etc.
- The basis for the calculation of the attendance shall be the period prescribed by the school by its calendar of events. For late admission, attendance is reckoned from the date of admission to the programme.
- Any student who does not fulfill the requirement of attendance in any course will not be permitted to appear in the Semester End Examination (SEE) and shall be awarded F grade in that subject.